What should be done for pills stuck in throat?
Thank you for your query.
1. It is highly unlikely that a tablet should remain stuck in the throat.
2. The following investigations will be required:
a. a videolaryngoscopy
b. neck and chest X-rays
c. A barium swallow or flexible esophagoscopy.
3. Yes, he should see a doctor immediately as his voice has changed.
I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pill stuck in throat
- What should be done for capsule stuck in throat
- Pill stuck in throat treatment
- Pill stuck in throat glands
- Fiber pill stuck in throat
- Pill stuck in throat doxycycline
- Pill stuck in throat esophagus
- Pill stuck in throat doctor
- Meizitang pill stuck in throat
- Pill stuck in throat feeling