Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What should I use to get rid of rashes and itching after sauna?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
hi doctor.. i was at sauna i itched my leg and rashed . what should i use it for rash?
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Skin burn Detailed Answer: Hi You seem to have developed a superficial skin burn. You should keep the affected area clean and dry . Apply a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin or mupirocin over it twice a day. Take some oral antihistamines like benadryl along to decrease the skin allergic process. Do not apply any harsh chemical like dettol or savlon over it. Wear cotton clothes to prevent further friction by clothes. Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor