What should I do about a skin infection while having diarrhea?
and thanks for uploading a picture. Although the image is not very clear, it appears that it is not just a rash but rather a skin infection, most probably from the shaving you mention, which was made worse by the broken skin being in contact with fecal matter for an extended period of time.
I recommend you keep the area clean and dry and apply an over the counter antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin three times per day.
If there is no improvement despite this, I'd recommend you get that seen by a doctor, as you may need oral antibiotic treatment additionally.
I hope this helps. You are welcome to ask any further questions you might have.
Wishing you good health
All the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is infintigo skin infection
- What medicine should i apply for skin infection
- Monilial skin infections
- Erytop for skin infections boils
- What is the remedy for skin infection
- Skin infection between eyebrows
- Mrsa skin infection and smoking
- Skin infection on scalp and nape
- Skin infections on upper arms
- Skin infections klebsiella oxytoca