question-icon

What should I do about a skin infection while having diarrhea?

Posted on 2 days ago
Question: i finally got a pic on it now i was sick n crapped myself three days ago i was in my car thats when this happen. i do try n shave but crack n i remember i cut myself bad same day so im confused cause he n i r clean n i aint cheated. it dont scab over or hurt today
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi (48 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Skin infection

Detailed Answer:

and thanks for uploading a picture. Although the image is not very clear, it appears that it is not just a rash but rather a skin infection, most probably from the shaving you mention, which was made worse by the broken skin being in contact with fecal matter for an extended period of time.

I recommend you keep the area clean and dry and apply an over the counter antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin three times per day.

If there is no improvement despite this, I'd recommend you get that seen by a doctor, as you may need oral antibiotic treatment additionally.

I hope this helps. You are welcome to ask any further questions you might have.

Wishing you good health

All the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Ornela Ademovi (2 hours later)
thank you so for this i must say i been keeping clean n dry it seems better and dont itch so ty
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi (14 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Glad I was able to help

Detailed Answer:
Wishing you good health and all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Ornela Ademovi