What medical conditions can cause night sweats?
for the past week have been going to bed in evening; teeth chattering since i am so cold.
wake up mid night to go to bathroom; shirt is soaked from sweat.
last night; ate sandwich just before be; woke up as usual; had a grannola bar and went back to sleep.
work up without soaket clothing.
have been diagnosed at one time as pre-diabetic! 6'-0
weighing approximately 249 pounds. exercise in cell dails; haven't beem outside recently due to weather conditions.
am going to schedule appointment with medical; wondered if you had any ideas or tests to be taken.
thank you for your time
I assume the blood sugar levels or blood pressure may be dropping low to cause such sweat in the middle of the night. This was confirmed by your other night where you had sandwich before you went to sleep and had granola in the middle of the night.
You should get HbA1c, Fasting Blood sugar and may be blood sugar level in the middle of the night to confirm what happened, but I understand that is not easy in a correctional facility.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hoarseness shortness of breath and night sweats what are causes
- What causes severe night sweats
- What causes soaking night sweats
- What causes periodic night sweats
- What causes night sweats and swollen ankles
- What causes night sweats shaking lightheadedness and weakness
- Severe night sweats recurring condition cause of concern
- What causes night sweats in teenagers
- What causes night sweats and nausea after ovulation
- What causes excessive night sweats
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?