What may the reason for sudden radiating pain above the navel towards the left upon pressure?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Mon, 26 Nov 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: three days ago I started having pain right above my navel on the left side. It hurt to move or just barely touch it. I noticed the was a lump around that area I could feel if I squeezed the top of my navel and my stomach right there in the opening. If I press down on it it send a shooting pain down my groin. Later that day I was having stabbing pains on my left lower side near my groin. I couldn't even wear pats because it put to much pressure on my stomach and made it hurt. After two days I woke up that morning and while sitting up I had a sever shooting pain near my belly button which afterwards I noticed blood coming out of belly button. Stomach doesn't hurt like it did by my belly button is still gross and very sore. what could that be? I figure its probably an infection of some kind and something ruptured?
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Belly button infection

Detailed Answer:

As per your description you seem to have moderate belly button infection. As you know, a lot of stuff gets trapped in the tiny knot of the belly button. This is a place for germs to multiply easily. Since you did not develop fever, you are still safe.

I suggest the following measures:

* Clean the area with antibacterial soap. Pat it completely dry with a clean towel or cotton.
* Do not touch it with bare fingers or keep poking the area.
* Use Neosporin ointment with the help of cotton, twice a day.
* Wear loose cotton clothes. Keep the area clean and dry as much as possible.

This helps clear the infection quickly.

The other symptoms you may experience are referred pain from the belly button area. They soon reduce.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Suma Parinam