What makes Metoprolol become ineffective in lowering increased heart rate and does Lasix cause tachycardia?
Nothing to worry about.
After reading the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your mother's health and I would like to tell you that it's a good thing that she is not in AF as of now.
Regarding heart rate I would like to tell you that it depends upon many factors like the emotional state, stress, anxiety, physical activity, intake of caffeine containing substances.
So as of now I would suggest you not to bother for it, also the normal limits are between 60 to 100 beat per min.
No lasix do not cause tachycardia.
No need to worry as I said stress and anxiety also increases heart rate.
I hope this information will relieve your worries. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Bhanu partap
So basically it's AF with fast ventricular rate. See if total 150mg is not controlling the heart rate then we need to increase the dose to 100 mg twice daily.
Also keep monitoring the heart rate.
AF is basically a rhythm abnormality which overrides the capacity of sinus node there by sometime making it resistant to action of beta blockers.
Hope this will answer your query.
Dr Bhanu partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of increased heart rate
- What could cause increased heart rate and easily fatigued limbs
- Increased heart rate causes
- What can cause increased heart rate while climbing stairs
- What causes increased heart rate and palpitations
- Std that causes increased heart rate
- What causes anxiety with increased heart rate
- What std increases heart rate
- What causes increased heart rates while on inderal
- What could cause increased heart rate in the night
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?