Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What kind of specialist can I see for extreme anal

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 3431 Questions
What kind of specialist can I see for extreme anal itch reaction to sugar, fruits and grains for the last 16 months ?
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
a gastroenterologist

Detailed Answer:
It sounds like you are having an allergic reaction to some foods. Seeing a gastroenterologist and getting some colon testing done would be the best way to get an answer to the problem.
Anal itching can be from allergies, infection or inflammation and getting a colonoscopy if you have not already had one would be a good idea.
I wish you the best and let me know if you have any other questions.
Dr. Robinson
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor