Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

What kind of food should be given for hyperactive children and how to handle them?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1792 Questions
I have a 2year old kid who is hyperactive. she also finds to pay attention on anything for more than few seconds. doesn't seem to listen to us while we speak to her at times.she doesn't have the patience or attention to listen to more than the first line of a story. she requires more than 2 people to take care of her. are there foods like chocolates that should be avoided for hyperactive children?. what are those foods?.also how to handle hyperactive kids?
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 2 hours later
Brief Answer: No packed preprocessed foods Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to healthcare magic. Avoid all packed pre processed foods including chocolates. Type of chocolate doesn't matter. Restrict chocolates as a whole. Try being patient and exposing her to different environments. Take her out frequently to let her explore and learn herself. Don't scold her for not listening to you. Just keep repeating calmly and make sure someone is always available for her round the clock. This hyperactivity should settle gradually as she grows . Generally by 3 years they should be more attentive and open to advice. If not consult a child psychologist . Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor