Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

174 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What is the treatment available for premature ejaculation?

Answered by
Dr. Das Arindam

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 1416 Questions

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Premature Ejaculation
Question: Hi
With just the thought of going for a sex with my wife, my penis gets errected even without starting foreplay or getting on to the bed. Is this abnormal. The errection last during the full foreplay and ejaculates within a minute after penetration.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 28 minutes later
Thank you for posting a question.

Firstly, sex is a very sophisticated action of human body controlled by complicated nervous mechanism. Here, psychological condition play a major role. Any type of stress, depression, all leads to these type of situation.

The condition you are suffering from is premature ejaculation. But do not worry, the condition is treatable.

You have to do the followings –

1.     Do some yoga / freehand exercise to get relived from stress.
2.     Considering the situation, some drugs like tramadol may be considered.
3.     Dapoxetine or clomipramine group of drug may be considered depending upon the condition.
4.     In case of retractile condition, intracavernous pharmacotherapy should be considered.
5.     So, you have to visit a urologist for clinical examination to rule out any gross abnormality, for ordering any investigation required, and also for further management considering the above medication.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Dapoxetine

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have a problem of pre mature ejaculation, the sensitivity is too high and as a a result the climax is reached very fast.

doctor1 MD

Good morning sir I'm upset with premature ejaculation please solution this problem

doctor1 MD

U am suffering from premature ejuculation

doctor1 MD

hi. doc i think i'm suffering from premature ejaculation. i'm 25 and every time i have sex i ejaculate within 5-6 min. i usually take dapoxetine 60mg along with sildenafil citerate 25mg. but i dnt want to use any medication. please tell me some other treatment.

doctor1 MD

i have problem of premature ejaculation,looks more of mental problem.i have problem of premature ejaculation,looks more of mental problem.i have problem of premature ejaculation,looks more of mental problem.i have problem of premature ejaculation,looks more of mental problem.

doctor1 MD

respected sir i have premature ejaculation and i consulted a doctor he prescribed tadalafil but it did not help. i also tried paroxetine, dapoxetine and other ssri's but nothing worked for me. so please help me. i am a normal person with no desease and my age is 30.

doctor1 MD

I have been married for 1 year and yet not consummated our marriage. The problem is my husband is afraid of having intercourse. He is suffering from anxiety, erectile dysfunction and mild oligoasthenospermia. We have consulted urologists and sexologist. He has tried with dapoxetine, udzire but erection doesn t last more than 10 sec. He has also 0 appetite for sex. Testosterone levels are low. Just a mention of physical intimacy makes him uncomfortable. Is there any solution to this problem as now i m thinking of moving out of this marriage.