What is the prognosis for atrial fibrillation in an elderly?
My uncle's ECG shows Atrial Fibralation with Occ VPC. Need to know whether he will be fine in the coming years and will he require any surgery in future. His age is 65 yrs
Just medical treatment
After going through the medical details and reports provided by you i would like to tell you that his ECG is showing Atrial fibrillation occasional ectopics which can very well be taken care with the help of simple anticoagulation.
We just need to make sure that there is no valve problem which can be confirmed with the help of echocardiography.
So kindly upload the report of echo also for proper opinion.
Thanks and Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the indication for surgical ablation and atrial fibrillation
- What are the latest treatments for atrial fibrillation
- Forced coughing atrial fibrillation
- Spicy foods atrial fibrillation
- Atrial fibrillation prognosis
- Weight lifting and atrial fibrillation
- What does atrial fibrilation on 85 of the time mean
- Atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter
- Numbness feet atrial fibrillation
- What causes atrial fibrillation leg cramps vomiting