What is the life expectancy of a person with pulmonary fibrosis?
Normal life is not possible in your case.
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Pulmonary fibrosis is end stage, progressive disease.
It mainly causes hypoxia (low oxygen saturation) and this hypoxia is the cause for all the symptoms.
To prevent this hypoxia, oxygen supplementation is needed.
So you have to take oxygen supplementation.
And fibrosis is irreversible. Till date there is no US FDA approved drug discovered to reverse the fibrosis.
Perfinodone is the only available US FDA approved drug act as anti fibrotic agent. But it is useful only in early stage of fibrosis. It has no role in end stage fibrosis.
I have not heard about embriot. So not able to comment on it.
So according to me, you will have to take oxygen 24×7 for rest of your life and normal life is not possible for you.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary fibrosis and tb
- Pulmonary fibrosis mucus problem
- Dla for pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary fibrosis pain
- Pulmonary fibrosis and pregnancy
- What are the symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis?
- Pulmonary fibrosis and burping
- End life symptoms pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary fibrosis benadryl