question-icon

What is the cause of a liver mass of less than 5 cm appearing in an ultrasonography report?

Posted on Thu, 2 Aug 2018
Question: I had an abdominal ultrasound to check for kidney stones and a liver mass less then 5cm was found. I am a 51 year old woman with no liver disease or cirrotic liver. An MRI was ordered which I am having tomorrow. I am very worried.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (23 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Let us see the reports please and do not be worried till final report

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
I can understand the worries you might have.
Please post the report of Ultrasonography and also of the MRI once done.
Please do not be worried as this can be due to infective pathology too.
Let us wait and see the result of both and other parameters of tests of blood, urine and stool.
Awaiting for the reports.
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon