What is the cause and treatment for cold with blocked ears?

Question
I am reguralarly facing cold problem badly and due to which my ears geting block.
can you suggest something
i think m suffering from sinus and this problem is from last 7 yrs.
and also taking vicks action-500 medicine everyday to keep me comfortable from last week.
please guide me.
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more details

Detailed Answer:

As you have mentioned that you are suffering with regular cold since 7 yrs and have sinus problem due to this, I would like to know few more details to come to a conclusion.

As these symptoms are usually caused due to Allergic Rhinitis, Chronic tonsillitis, chronic suppurative otitis media or chronic sinusitis.

1. Do you suffer with frequent sore throat, running nose, ear block or head ache? If yes, associated symptoms, weather, medications taken?
2. Have you recently seen a doctor for your condition? If yes, what was his diagnosis and treatment?
3. What do you usually do to relieve your symptoms?
4. Have you got any investigations done for this condition? If yes, please upload the reports.

Meanwhile follow these instructions which will help in reducing your symptoms:
1. Regular steam inhalation with or without any medications like vicks vaporub. Three to four times a day will reduce your nasal block and will ease your breathing.
2. XXXXXXX warm salt water gargling, three times a day will reduce your throat irritation, if any.
3. Avoid refrigerated and cold food items.
4. Consume only boiled water and preferably warm water.
5. Tab Cetrizine 10mg three times a day after food.

Please reply back to me with the above mentioned details.

Regards.