What is the best exercise for trochanteric bursitis?
I can,t get my core off the bed. Due to spinal fusion T3-L5 and 2 knee replacements, can not lie on floor. Severe pain,limp to walk from groin pain.
May be due to a pinched nerve.
Welcome and thanks for your query.
If the pain is of a shooting nature, it is likely to be due to pinched nerves from your lumbar spine . Exercises are not advisable when you have the pain, you may get relief from physical therapy. Gabapentin and simple analgesics would be helpful for relief of pain. Also it would be good to check and make sure that your blood vitamin D level is good.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Steroid injection trochanteric bursitis
- Mild trochanteric bursitis
- Trochanteric bursitis injection
- Pain relief for trochanteric bursitis
- Disability claims and trochanteric bursitis
- What is trochanteric bursitis
- Is trochanteric bursitis a disability
- Trochanteric bursitis during pregnancy
- Trochanteric bursitis stretches and exercises
- Trochanteric bursitis exercises to avoid