What is the best exercise for trochanteric bursitis?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018 in General Health
Question: I had bad pain over left side of hip, diagnosed as trochanter hip pain, but X-ray shows hip itself is ok. What is a good, simple exercise for this and groin pain that goes with it? Tnx
I can,t get my core off the bed. Due to spinal fusion T3-L5 and 2 knee replacements, can not lie on floor. Severe pain,limp to walk from groin pain.
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be due to a pinched nerve.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
If the pain is of a shooting nature, it is likely to be due to pinched nerves from your lumbar spine . Exercises are not advisable when you have the pain, you may get relief from physical therapy. Gabapentin and simple analgesics would be helpful for relief of pain. Also it would be good to check and make sure that your blood vitamin D level is good.

Do get back to me if you have further queries.