Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What foods should be eaten and what should be avoided from the seventh month of pregnancy?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
what to eat and what not to eat from 7th month of pregnancy?
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 47 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

If you are not having any vomitings, nausea etc, you can take nutritious diet including carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
It should include fresh fruits, vegetables etc.
Also take iron, calcium, vitamin and mineral tablets as prescribed by your doctor.
Take plenty of water, fruit juices, milk etc.
Avoid excessive intake of caffeine, in case of elevated blood pressure etc salt intake to be restricted.
Take regular antenatal checkups and plan to increase around 9 to 11kgs weight in pregnancy, low or excessive weight gain to be avoided.
For more details:

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor