What else other than following bowel prep regimen should be done to get bowel movements before colonoscopy?
Drink plenty of fluids, You will have bowel movements soon.
Since you only had clear fluids all day and followed the bowel prep regimen there is nothing more that needs to be done at this point other than continue to drink plenty of water.
Stick to liquid diet itself, do bot consume solid food.You will start having bowel movements soon.
If you do not develop any bowel movements before scheduled time for colonoscopy, then enema will be given followed by rescheduling the colonoscopy to next day.
Hope this answers your questions
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Standard bowel prep for colonoscopy
- Golytely bowel prep for colonoscopy
- No bowel movement after colonoscopy
- Colonoscopy bowel prep kit
- Supra bowel prep for colonoscopy
- Bowel preparation for colonoscopy
- Diet before colonoscopy bowel preparation
- Bowel movement after colonoscopy procedure
- Clear bowel movement for colonoscopy
- Colonoscopy done no bowel movement twisted bowels treatment
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...