What does vomiting of blood after exercising indicate?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Drug Abuse
Question: Good afternoon sir, my name is XXXX.my age is 20. Due to some personal problems I started drinking smoking and also smoke weed.i did it for past 2 years occasionally.a week befor I left that bad habits and decided to do some exercise.today morning I played badminton for one hour and I ran about 500mts I drank water fully after a while of 15 minutes I got vomiting of water after sometime heavy blood approximately a cup came out.iam so much worried about my career and life please suggest me what to do l.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think there is need to visit emergency

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

From the available description there is high possibility of oesophageal tear as it was following serve vomiting.

In my opinion you need to visit emergency and stay in the hospital for minimum 24 hours or as per requirement.

This is not something which can be dealt by a doctor who is sitting thousands of miles away from you.

I hope this assists you.
If you have more questions I will be glad to assist you further.
If you do not have more questions, please close the discussion and if possible rate the answer for my future patients.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.