• question-icon

What does this urinalysis report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: In my aunt - 52 year's urine test of a few days back,following were the parameters:
Pus cells - WBC: 351 /uL
63.2 /hpf calculated

Epithelial Cells: 74.3 /uL
13.4 /hpf calculated

Rest of the parameters were normal.
Her ESR is 20

Is this UTI? Is this cause of worry?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She has UTI and needs to be treated with appropriate antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the report of routine Urine analysis of your aunt I would state that she has severe UTI and needs to be treated if neglected she may land in to problems like Chronic Renal failure due to damage to her kidneys or septicemia ,stone formation etc .

Get her routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Give her broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure she drinks drink more water to keep her urine dilute .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist