What does this urinalysis report indicate?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 11 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Please forward this query to Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Specialty - GYNAE

As informed earlier 0 my wife delivered baby through C-Sec on 03-Feb. From last 3-4 days she is having fever (between 99 - 101, sore throat & cold. Currently she is taking Coldrin to control fever.

We also got the Urine routine & microscopic test done - PFA report.

Kindly review the report and share your view/next steps.

XXXX.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urine culture advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr XXXXXXX I have seen the attached reports
She should have a urine culture done and then may need course of antibiotics as well.
This urine infection if detected on urine culture can be the cause of fever.
Ask her to have a lot of water daily and then we will see after culture report.
Dr Manisha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 42 hours later
XXXXXXX Ji - we consulted our doctor & she advised Niftran 3 times for 7 Days . PFA image for medicine.

As my baby is on mother feed - so is it ok to take Nifran.

please share your view.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Safe medicines

Detailed Answer:
Yes Mr. XXXXXXX nitrofurantoin is safe for both mother and baby and can be taken as advised.
It will cure the infection and is routinely prescribed for urine infections.
Wish her speedy recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 28 minutes later
XXXXXXX ji - Thanks for your lightening reply ... :-)
>
My baby still having Bilirubin level as 11.12 - pfa latest report for reference.

Can you share your view on the same as well.

Kind Regards
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Will low down eventually

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I have seen the attached report and glad to tell you that only the indirect bilirubin is high and thus nothing much to worry
Just put him in sunlight for half an hour or so daily and keep a regular follow up with Pediatrician
Get him examined for the progressive lowering of bilirubin.
Generally indirect bilirubin at this stage gets lowered in due course of time
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 34 minutes later
Thanks XXXXXXX Ji ... :-)

Will keep you updated as we progress further & consult you for expert advise ... !!

Best Regards
XXXX.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome dear

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome dear.
Take care of the little XXXXXXX
All the best