What does this urinalysis report indicate? Should I be concerned?
ph - 5.0
specific gravity - 1.020
glucose - negative
ketone - negative
hemoglobin - negative
protein - negative
bilirubin - negative
urobilinogen - >= 4
nitrite - negative
leukocyte esterase - 2+
WBC - 3-10
RBC - 3-10
Hyaline cast - negative
squamous epi cells - >50
no need for concern, indicates infection may be present, easily treated
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic
There are no exact values for some of the results that of urine analysis.
For example, a normal pH range is 4.5 to 8, this means that at 5, your value is fine
Specific gravity can range from 1.005 to 1.025- again your value of 1.020 is fine
No glucose (sugar) or ketones or hemoglobin (found in blood) or protein or bilirubin or nitrites were detected- also good.
Urobilinogen is a form of bile that is normally found in the urine, the present level detected is okay
Leukocyte esterase is a type of chemical that is made by white blood cells, it is used as an indicator of infection. The 2+ leukocyte and the presence of a small amount of white cells may indicate that there is a slight infection present. It would have to be slight because in most urinary tract infections nitrites are also positive.
The leukocyte esterase and white blood cell 3 to 10 would be the reason for the antibiotics
In women leukocytes and white blood cells can also occur with yeast or other vaginal tract infections, do not necessary indicate an urinary tract infection.
Squamous epithelial cells usually indicate that the urine was contaminated when taken or tested.
It would not indicate the presence of any disease/illness
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?