What does this post operative report of child with walking disability indicate?
Can you pleas help me by reviewing the report.
Due to irregular acetabular surface.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen all the attached reports. The post op reports show that the surface of acetabulumn is still irregular and sclerosis is there. This can cause problem in walking and weight bearing on the hip.
Resurfacing of the acetabular surface can help.
The distortion of the hip joint is still present. Another surgery may be needed in future to correct the actabular surface.
Till then gradual physiotherapy can help in strengthening the muscles around the hip joint.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
So that means surgery was not done properly?
Surgeon didn't put head within socket. As I am correct?
The head of femur is deformed.
Thanks for writing again.
It is not the fault of the surgeon. The head of femur has become deformed due to the dysplasia and is now irregular which is causing the pain during the movements.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is probable learning disability
- Disability allowance nephrotic syndrome child
- Disable and had tests done what are the findings
- What illnesses qualify for disability
- Does a child with juvenile diabetes qualify for disability
- What can be done for ssi disability
- What makes a person disabled
- Learning disability what are they symptoms of autism
- What do you suggest for disability
- Does a lazy eye tell about a childs disability
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?