What does this MRI report indicate?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: MY VISIT TODAY:

IMPRESSION & MEDICAL DECISION MAKING

PROBLEM #1: MALIGNANT NEOPLASM OF FRONTAL LOBE ( ICD-191.1) (1CD10-C71.1)
PLAN: NO SYM ,FEELS FINE.

WOUND FULLY HEALED

DC STAPLES

MR AGAIN SHOWS A BIT OF GROWTH. DISCUSSED GMB W HER AND DAUGHTER

ABOUT TO START XRT AND CHEMO WITH DR PIEDE

I TOLD HER TO HAVE HIM MANAGE DECA

WOULD HAVE TO BE WEANED

I DO NOT FEEL I CAN AFFECT PROGNOSIS AT THIS TIME W RESECTION, STILL FAIRLY SMALL, IN SLYVIAN , FAIR AMT OF RISK OF HEMIPARESIS

WILL SEE HER AGAIN IN 2 MOS; POSSIBLE NEED REBULKING LATER.

CALL IF ANY CHANGE
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Start treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Unfortunately, in case of a diagnosis of glioblastoma multiforme, the treatment should be aggressive with all three options that include surgical resection, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.

This diagnosis is achieved by biopsy, so, we can't doubt anymore about other lesions such metastasis.

In my opinion, radiation therapy and chemotherapy should be started right away, surgery should be considered if not sufficient control with these measures.

The timing of surgery remains a decision of your Neurosurgeon.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad