What does the following histopathology report after pancreatic surgery indicate?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Age 62, Female, In year 2000 undergone Pancreatic surgery. Histopathology report is uploaded. Diabetes since 5 years Will she required frequent hospitalization?. What will be prognosis?
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probably not

Detailed Answer:
Hi Thanks for writing in

Having gone through the attachments I find she has no diabetes and you mentioned she has diabetes since 5 years

Keeping aside Cystadenoma of pancreas are the most common benign tumpors of pancreas

Usually with very good prognosis post resection

Except that she has an incisional hernia she should have no morbidity

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana