What does the Widal test report indicate?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Mon, 30 Jul 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am suffering from fever from saturday night, From Yesterday Evening the fever is very high of the range 102.5 to 103 with shivering. Even after taking Dolo650 the fever comes down to 101 when checked after 2 hrs. but the fever is repeating itself in around 6hrs.
My doctor is suggesting will have to go for widal test tomorrow if fever persisted.
Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be Viral.

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Welcome to Healthcare Magic. I am Dr Anshul Varshney for your help.
You might be simply suffering from Viral fever and viral takes 5 days to improve.
Moreover widal test comes positive after 5-7 days for fever.
My recommendations in such cases to my patients is to wait for total 5 days. If fever persists then only I investigate.
I would suggest you to take Dolo 650 three times a day and repeat it if fever comes in between.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query please ask me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 30 minutes later
The fever at 3:00pm is 103.7. Even my doctor is suggesting to bring the fever down Dolo is the only medicine he is also suggesting to take Flexon in the night dose as it will help reduce the fever.
I am just worried that is the persistent fever is issue or is normal in case of viral
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend, I understand your concern. But your doctor has suggested the right thing.
Wait for 2 days more.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D