What does severe pain in the left side of the chest indicate?
2 weeks ago I had walking pneumonia. Recently, maybe last few days or so, I have sharp sudden pains in my chest (left side) it happens when I bend a certain way and feels like a muscle strain. I haven't done any strenuous activity. At rest, it is sometimes achy pain. Sometimes I get heart flutters. Additionally, not sure if it's related, but ive been severly bloated for almost a month with the feeling that I cant pass my bowels completely. I have a doctor's appt. scheduled for 2/12 but is this something that should be taken care of sooner? thank you.
It doesn't seem urgent
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
According to the history, I don't think this pain might be due to pneumonia. If you are completely cured for pneumonia, you should have been symptom-free for a while. Now if this pain has happened immediately than the obstructed bowel gases might be the cause.
This pain in such scenario sometimes might be sharp and continued.
However, I don't think this is an urgency. You can wait till the doctor appointment.
Do not worry so much it should pass soon. Try to walk around a while and to drink a lot of water to improve the bowel movements. Additionally, you may try Lactulose syrup 10ml once daily at bedtime to improve the bowel movements.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Jnikolla, Pulmonologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe pain in the left side of the stomach concerned
- What does severe pain underneath left breast indicate
- Severe pain in the left side of my head
- What indicates severe pain in scapula fingers and back
- Severe pain in left side when hungry
- Severe pain in left side of abdomen
- Severe pain on left side and cold sweat
- Severe pain on left side of forehead
- Severe pain in the right chest what does this indicate
- Shivering and severe pain lower left side
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?