What does my lab test results indicate?

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: my test results say that I have a 161 pg/ml parathyroid hormone intact result. The average is 10-65. Can this cause fatigue?

my AIC is 8.3/ Can this cause fatigue?
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some more info is needed.

Detailed Answer:
As I see from your medical history your situation is a bit complex and to judge for the cause of the fatigue a whole clinical and laboratorical review is needed.
The blood pressure, electrolite, renal function should be monitored.
The HbA1c level is high but usually at these levels is not symptomatic.
The PTH should be associated with calcium and vit D level to give a proper answer. If the renal function is abnormal it may cause low calcium level with high PTH.
So please attach some more laboratorical exams and check the blood pressure.
It will be a pleasure to help you further.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng