What does my lab test report indicate?

Pulmonologist
Question
i had small stem lung cancer in nov 20 17 they said i didnt hav the mass in my left lung anymore.my next scan is for XXXXXXX 30 if this was to come back would it all ready be there and ould it show up in a x ray

Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Lung Cancer

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chest X-Ray is not indicated

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking HealthcareMagic,

Yes, I can understand your concern and I am sorry for your situation.

The most reliable test for detecting, if lung cancer has come back, is CEA blood test which is combined with chest CT.

Chest X-Ray is not recommended mostly because it can not be seen lung cancer in early stages.

So if you were my patient I would recommend you the above test and chest CT.

If the above results are negative then cancer, fortunately, has not come back again.

I wish a fast recovery for you

Dr.Jolanda