What does mucus in the feces indicate?
For how long has this been happening
I have reviewed this information fully. This raises concerns about fecal incontinence. To settle on this, I need more answers from you.
1. For how long has this been happening?
2. What is the nature of your stools?
3. Do you have any diarrhea?
4. Has there been any recent changes in your diet.
As soon as I hear from you, I will provide more guided responses. If fecal incontinence is the ultimate diagnosis, you will need to see a gastroenterologist for evaluation and management.
I will also provide helpful tips that can help you lead a normal life and avoid getting embarrassed in public places.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Monitor only for now. Have you been tested for clostridium.difficile?
I will want to monitor only for now. Persistence would ultimately lead to the diagnosis of faecal incontinence that would lead to specific management guidelines.
Diarrhoea after antibiotics could be related to C. diff. I will recommend that you get tested for this as treatment is specific and this needs to be addressed properly.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Chobufo Ditah, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Brown stringy mucus in feces
- Antibiotic feces mucus after
- What are black specks in feces
- Feces has a lot of mucus
- Blood in feces and mucus
- White grainy feces with mucus
- What could cause yellowish green feces with mucus
- What causes mucus with strains of blood in the feces
- What causes greenishfuzzy feces
- Bloody mucus with feces iud