What does it mean if you have chest pains on your right side?

Cardiologist
Question
Hi I am a 50 year old male in excellent physical condition. I have a pain on right side of chest. I believe it is muscular. I was doing pull ups on friday and that is when it started to hurt. The pain is constant and I can't sleep. Went to family doctor and EKG and CT scans are normal. He gave me a shot. But today I have lost strength in my arm and grip.
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I understand your concern and would explain that the chest pain does not seem to be related to the loss of arm strength.

I would like to know if your arm hurts? Is it numb?

Where was the shot made? Was it in the arm?

If you have no pain in your arm and the injection was not performed in the arm, I would recommend going to the ER for a physical exam.

A brain CT scan may be needed to exclude possible stroke.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri