What does an ECG showing APC and left Axis deviation indicate?
Prognosis depends in cause of it
Since you have not mentioned anything regarding the symptoms, I considered she is asymptomatic and does not have any history of chest pain or heart attack etc.
So assuming this, this is likely a age related change and prognosis is good. Firstly, APC is a atrial extra beat and it's benign, harmless. No need to worry about.
Next is left axis deviation and poor r wave progression, this suggest the first possibility of Left anterior fascicular block. This is frequently a age related change and prognosis is usually excellent. Other causes for poor r wave progression are improperly placed leads over the chest as she being a female, hypertension which is not having, heart attacks but she didn't have any symptoms. So overall, I don't think there is any to worry and prognosis is excellent.
But, we should get her evaluated to be sure. She should get Echo done to look for heart function. This should assure us. She should also have healthy lifestyle like low oily, fat diet and regular walking.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ecg borderline left axis deviation lafb
- On a ecg what does left axis deviation mean
- Level of risk when ecg shows borderline left axis deviation
- Borderline left axis deviation in ecg
- What does apc on medicines represent
- Ecg left axis deviation
- Left axis deviation in ecg report
- Ecg shows left axix deviation what does it mean
- Borderline left axis deviation what does this look like on an ecg
- Is left axis deviation in ecg a problem
- Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue and nausea
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is an iron infusion advisable when having normal blood report?
- What causes intermittent chest pain?
- Suggest treatment for bronchospasm
- Can coumadin be taken before a thoracic aorta CTA procedure?
- What causes frequent heart palpitations during pregnancy?
- What does my angiogram result report indicate?
- Is blood pressure of 125/72 a cause for concern?
- What does my TLC result report indicate?