What Does Abdominal Pain With Short And Stringy Bowel Movements Indicate?
hold off solids, fluid replacement, probiotics
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
The more frequent bowel movements would mean that there is increased fluid loss which would cause the increased thirst.
It is important to continue drinking water but if possible you can also drink or replace the plain water with an oral hydration drink or diluted sports drink (dilute to reduce the sugar content).
If you do not want to use any meds, you can consider the use of probiotics to replace the bacteria in the colon.Restoring this can help with bowel issues.
Also hold off solid foods till a 4 hour period passes with no symptoms. If food is used when the bowel is irritated then it slows down healing and also worsen symptoms.
Just focus on fluids for now.
When this four hour period passes , you can then start with a small amount of dry foods such as toast or biscuits
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Left side twinges back and abdominal
- Teresa has been complaining of severe abdominal
- Fever nausea headache congestion abdominal
- Pregnancy and air bubble in upper abdominal
- Hard squelchy abdominal
- Pain right buttock abdominal
- Heavy movement in upper right abdominal
- Lump on outer skin of lower abdominal
- Frequent urgent urination dull ache left abdominal
- Unexplained bruise kidney stone abdominal