What does a sore and inflamed boil below the jawline indicate?
Thanks for the query.
You might have developed furuncle.
These are deep bacterial infections.
Treatment is with antibiotics but the choice of antibiotics should be based on culture and sensitivity tests.
Improper use of antibiotics may lead to resistance and recurrence.
Can you please upload a photograph of the affected area.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and a better line of management.
There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page.
Please utilize it.
Let me know if you have any other doubt.
Wishing you a good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat and boils
- Boil like sore on penis
- What doe boils on base of penis shaft indicate
- Inflamed boil on clitoris
- What does a boil near the anus indicate
- Frequent mouth boils and sores
- Sore throat boiled eggs
- Boils on below testicles
- What causes small boils below belly button
- What causes sore throat with boils on tongue
- Developed itchy rashes on both sides of torso and insulin dependent....
- Used Z derm for scrotum itching followed by blood stains. Noticed needle...
- Having itchy rashes on buttocks, side of arms, side of legs and inner...
- Having small patches and blister on finger. Using slivers skin moisture...
- What is the cure for body itching?
- Rash on the side of face with itching. Suggest treatment
- How to remove black marks and blade marks from face?
- Suggest the medication for twitching under eyes
- White and slightly raised lump under the skin on the palm. What does it...
- Suggest treatment for hair fall problem caused by dandruff?