What does a pulsing sensation in the ear and headaches suggest?
I have gone through your query.
What you describe sounds like what’s called Pulsatile Tinnitus. This is a rhythmic thumping or whooshing only you can hear, often in time with your heartbeat. There are some causes of it like:
Conductive hearing loss - This type of hearing loss intensifies internal head noises like sounds such as breathing, chewing, and blood flowing through the ear. Conductive hearing loss makes it easier to hear blood flowing through two large blood vessels that travel near to each ear. Blood vessels are carotid artery or jugular vein.
High blood pressure - due to high BP, more blood flow to carotid artery which lead to more turbulence in it resulting in pulsatile tinnitus.
Blood vessel disorder like benign blood vessel tumor behind eardrum ( in your case it is unlikely as you have problem in both ear)
Carotid artery disease.
Ear muscle disorder.
Medicine side effects
I suggest you to consult an ENT surgeon for clinical examination and audiometry if needed.
Hope i have answered your query. If you have any questions, you can ask as follow up.
Dr. Gaurav Katiyar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Headache with ringing sensation in ear
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache and ear pain
- Pulsing pain in ear with headache
- Ears had a movement with headache what was it worry
- What is this whooshing sound in my right ear headaches
- Sore throat and ear pulse headache
- Ear pulsing after migraine headache
- What causes headache with ringing in ears
- Headache an whooshing sound of heartbeat in both ears what is this
- What is the ear pain with headache and cold