Suggest treatment for swelling in the neck
I went to my doctor and had a full blood test and I had an Ultra Sound test. Both proved normal. However, I can still feel a swelling and I know that it is there. I do not have any pain. Would drinking alcohol exasperate the situation?
I had the blood tests and Ultra-Scan just prior to Christmas 2016.
no alcohol should not cause any problem
Thanks for your query.
If the ultrasound was normal, it is very unlikely that there is a significant swelling. There may be one, but it won't be of any clinical significance.
Hence, I don't think alcohol is going to have any effect on it.
Hope this helps.
Doctor thank you for your reply.
There is some sensation, slight numbness, close to the site where the swelling is.
The swelling is not pronounced but can be felt when the area is palpated. It feels like a lump.
I have been massaging the general area of the neck from the Submandibular lymph nodes as far down to the Anterior Cervical lymph nodes. Would that account for me being aware of the slight discomfort in the area of the Anterior Cervical lymph nodes?
Massaging can cause this
Yes, prolonged and repeated massaging can cause soreness and knotty feeling in that area, particularly in a sensitive area like neck. So I think that is the cause here.
As the ultrasound and blood tests are fine, there is nothing to worry.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for shoulder and neck pain
- Suggest treatment for rashes on neck
- What is the treatment for swelling in cheeks and neck
- Suggest treatment for severe neck ache
- Suggest treatment for strep throat and swelling of neck
- Having back pain and neck pain suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for neck pain
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe neck pain
- Suggest treatment for nerve pain in my neck and back