What does a nerve injury in the brain feel like?
Nerves can be damaged by different causes.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Nerves including these arising from the brainstem can be damaged by different conditions including trauma, viral infections, stroke, etc.
Since you're also suffering from hearing loss, a possible condition is that the nerve responsible for hearing is damaged.
The exact cause of the damage is evaluated by clinical examination, imaging studies (MRI) and blood tests about infection for example.
In your case, hearing apparatus examination by an ENT Doctor is necessary also.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr. Erion Spaho, Neurologist, Surgical
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes persistent pain due to nerve injury
- Mastocytosis nerve injury
- Suprascapular nerve injury symptoms
- Brachial plexus nerve injury
- Causes of trigeminal nerve injury
- Medial plantar nerve injuries
- Maxillary nerve injury
- Vestibulocochlear nerve injury spine
- How to treat nerve injury
- Diverticulosis / vagus nerve injury