What does a lump near the anal opening indicate?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi. I was just showering and I felt a small pea like lump under the skin in the opening in the anus. It is not painful. I'm scared.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Monitor only. There is no reason being scared given its size and no pain!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for contacting healthcare magic.

I have reviewed your information fully. A non painful small pea sized lump around the anal area should create any panic. This might simply be a fat tissue that you felt. I am not sure why you are so concerned but I can assure you that this is and will never be a cancer.

For now, I suggest you stay calm and put an eye on it. Only get concerned if it increases in size or becomes painful. However, you may want to report this to your doctor during a scheduled appointment for other health issues. I will not recommend a special appointment just to get this checked out only.

I hope you get my point. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me and ask for specific questions if you feel some aspects of interest to you were not fully addressed.

Kind regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T