What do these following lab reports indicate?

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: A 13 year old boy with history of epilepsy and PET scan showing changes in anterior rt temporal lobe , on medication with Oxetol , with episodes in Dec 2016 and XXXXXXX 2017 . Advised to review with Neuro D3 and MRI for further evaluation. Attached are the consultation papers and reports . What will be the prognosis , future complications ,final diagnosis and management and future outcome.
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue treatment as advised

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern. I have gone through all the reports and prescription.
The brain imaging PET study shows changes which may explain seizure episodes.
The present line of treatment is justified as advised.
Any escalation in dose or addition of new drug should be decided during follow up.
Neuro D3 is vitamin D supplements and not directly related to seizures.
Blood investigations as advised can be done for drug levels.
Precautions that should be taken are timely night sleep. Atleast 7-8 hours sleep. Regular and timely medications.
Precautions during swimming. If possible avoid swimming, open roof top, driving.
The drugs should be continued for 2-3 years. In most cases prognosis is good.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng