What do these following lab reports indicate?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi Doc,

My relative is having some issue in her pregnancy. The doctor has advised her to take some injection till delivery.

please go through the attached prescriptions and report and suggest.

XXXX!
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normal values of lupus anticoagulant

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
I have reviewed the reports and the prescription.
The report shows normal values of lupus anticoagulant. It is done in patients with recurrent miscarriages, intrauterine death of fetus in previous pregnancy, or intrauterine growth restriction of fetus.
The prescription is showing lonopin injection, which is a low molecular weight heparin, and is given in patients with deranged lupus anticoagulant or deranged parameters in antiphospholipid antibody profile.
There is no need of this injection in your friends case, as per the reports.
However, there might be other factors in her history which may have led to this prescription .
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad