Why are Oosure capsules advised during 28 weeks of pregnancy?

Posted on Tue, 16 May 2017 in General Health
Question: I am 28 weeks pregnant.... having gestational diabeties
My doc prescribed Oosure capsules
Answered by Dr. Khushboo Priya 6 minutes later
Hi, I think you should have a diet control. You can take some oral hypoglycemic drugs like metformin. Oosure only will not help if blood sugars are high already.
Follow up: Dr. Khushboo Priya 44 hours later
My sugar levels are under control after taking Oosure but i am not sure if it is safe for me during pregnancy.i dont want to go for anti-diabetic medicine. I have read Oosure is for pcod... not for pregnant women. Please explain if it is safe or not and why
Answered by Dr. Khushboo Priya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is not clear.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome to healthcaremagic.

As you know that oosure is for pcod, many small studies have been done to see the effects of myoinositol in pregnancy. The risk of gestational diabetes reduced to a great extent. There were no adverse effects on the baby. But these are small trials only. So, large studies are required for a definite answer. ( Cochrane study, 2015)

Some studies suggest that therapeutic dose of myoinositol can lead to premature labour , miscarriages and low birth weight, but larger studies are required.

Thus, I think it depends on your and your doctor to decide regarding the use of myoinositol.

Discuss with your doctor regarding all these things.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any other query, I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Khushboo Priya 25 minutes later
My blood sugar levels are
Fasting between 90-100
Pp 2 hrs under 120
And i am on complete diet control
And exercise regularly
Do i still need medication or i can safely carry on my pregnancy without medication with these numbers
Answered by Dr. Khushboo Priya 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need of medicines.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I don't think there is any requirement of medicine in your case. Your sugars are quite normal on a diet.

Continue the diet and exercise. Get your sugar levels checked at intervals of 1 to 2 weeks.

Hope I have answered your question.

Follow up: Dr. Khushboo Priya 33 hours later
Hello.. tell me one more thing is it safe to take asprin 75mg i am 29 weeks now.... i get leg pain so doc said it will benifit me , blood circulation and increase nutrient supply to baby
Answered by Dr. Khushboo Priya 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi, Aspirin is safe.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I think aspirin is safe. It is generally given if there is history of recurrent miscarriages. It can be given till 34 to 36 weeks.

It is also given in patients at high risk of pre-eclampsia. It also helps in increasing the blood supply, prevents clot formation and prevents low birth weight baby.

But it can't be given to every pregnant lady. There should be some specific situations. You can discuss with your doctor regarding this.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Khushboo Priya

Infertility Specialist