What do neck pain with body aches indicate after recovering from the flu?
Need further work up
The muscle and body pain you are continuing to experience is concerning for viral arthritis.
Viral arthritis is an inflammatory reaction to certain viral infections like parvovirus, adenovirus, alphavirus etc. These infections can present as simple cold or flu.
Physical examination and blood serology to identify viral infection is needed at this point. So please be advised to follow up with your primary care provider for further evaluation and management.
Meanwhile, you can continue using Ibuprofen and heating pad.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Neck pain after cabg
- What is neck pain spndilytes
- Neck pain and body tremors
- Stomach ache and neck pain
- Neck pain dull ache
- What is the remedy for neck pain
- What is the treatment for neck pain
- Neck pain headache feels cold nausea flu
- What causes neck pain and body weakness
- Head ache and neck pain after sun exposure
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...