What do lightheadedness and hot flashes indicate?
Some more info needed;
Would you please inform; how is the blood pressure when you have these symptoms?
Do you have any other diseases such as Thyroid pathologies?
Do you intend to continue with HRT?
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Optimal control of Blood pressure to be done;
It is quite possible that the symptoms you reported and the persistence of high blood pressure, despite treatment) are due to HRT.
As you know, when used after the age of 60, the cardiovascular risk is significantly increased. However, since already taking so at least try to use the lowest dose of HRT.
I'd suggest adjusting the dose of antihypertensive drugs under your treating physician's supervision until the blood pressure is within the normal levels.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Mirjeta Guni, Endocrinologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hot flashes and lightheadedness from bladder infection
- What aggravates hot flashes
- What is the remedy for hot flashes
- Hungry then hot flash with lightheadedness
- Hot flash on forehead what caused this
- Hot flashes what is normal
- What causes chills and hot flashes
- What are the symptoms of hot flashes?
- What hormone causes hot flashes
- What is the remedy for hot flashes with dizziness