What do jaundice, itchy body rashes, chills and dark urine indicate in an elderly?
His symptoms are suggestive of obstructive jaundice.
This needs to be investigated as there are easily treatable causes and more serious causes for the same.
He needs to get a liver function test and an abdominal ultrasound examination.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Noble Zachariah, Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rash on face and body chills
- Tooth infection dark urine jaundice
- Jaundice in baby dark colour urine
- What is jaundice
- What causes jaundice in elderly people
- What causes instant body chills
- Itchy rash and jaundice
- Body achecold chill and odor urine
- What does body achefever with chills and weakness indicate
- Physical fatique body chills ache blood urine
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?