• question-icon

What do dizziness and blood pressure reading of 171/80 indicate?

Posted on Sat, 8 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: I have been having dizziness and am getting blood pressure readings of 171 over 80. Am I in immediated danger?
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Management of hypertension

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic

Your systolic blood pressure(170) is markedly increased .Along with that you are also having symptoms like dizziness.
Symptomatic increase in blood pressure definitely need immediate medical attention.
An EKG, neurologic examination and treatment to lower blood pressure are required.
Please be advised to follow up with emergency room/urgent care as soon as possible.

Hope this answers your question
Pleaseaddress further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal