What could cause persistent high fever in a child despite complete course of antibiotics?
He was given the following medicines from friday:
1) Azee-200 (3 day course, finished on sunday)
2) Ascoril (6ml, 2 times a day)
3) levolin / nebulization (0.63mg, 2 times a day)
Today morning,We showed to another Doctor since he was still running high fever.
Below are the medicines he prescribed:
SBP, CRP, MP, CUE (Tests done at Rainbow)
Relent (5ml twice a day x 5 days)
Clampkid forte (6ml twice a day x 5 days)
levolin 1.2mg (5ml twice a day x 5 days)
Lanzol Dt 15mg x 5 days
Attached prescription and reports received this evening. Based on the reports, if the fever persists even till tomorrow morning 6 AM, Doctor has advised for admission
Is the admission necessary?
We value your diagnosis and advice very much. Please advise how we go about this?
Yes, admission would be necessary.
Thanks for your query.
I have gone through the attached reports.
He does have, probably bacterial infection. The focus being either urine or a sore throat.
In both cases intensive antibiotic therapy is needed. I hope, he will recover with the present antibiotics.
If he does not, then he might have to be given intravenous antibiotics after admission.
Hope, I answered your query.
Wishing him good health.
Dr. Raju A.T, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What to do if a child is having high fever
- Diagnosis of persisting high fever
- Persisting high fever causes
- What could cause high fever for 4-5 days
- Names of antibiotic for high fever
- Symptoms of persisting high fever
- What causes persistent high fever
- Persistent high fever in toddler
- What is the reason for high fever in my child
- What is the treatment for persistant high fever