question-icon

What could cause pain upon pressure on the left foot?

Posted on Wed, 13 Jan 2021
Question: hi

i got up my left foot hurts. its from middle to left of foot. when i put pressure on it the pain is there if i am in one position it does not hurt?
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel (22 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Could be plantar fasciitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have read your brief complaint- Pain in left foot on pressure and it does not hurt when you are in one position..
This is a probably plantar Fasciitis , a very common problem causing pain in heel and foot esp. early morning.
I Suggest you get X rays of heels and Serum Uric Acid( a blood test).
For this I recommend pain killers , Hot and cold compresses, and use of foot wear with soft heels.
If the pain is not relieved in 2-3 weeks then local steroid injection may be required.
Thanks for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon