What could cause flashes in vision, temporary vision loss, incontinence and memory loss?
I would recommend as follows
Your symptoms are not typical of any cardiac disorders. Although the EEG has resulted normal, your symptoms raise suspicions of focal epilepsy seizures.
For this reason, I would recommend performing a prolonged EEG with sleep deprivation, or an EEG during sleep, in order to give more information on your brain function.
I would also recommend performing some other tests to investigate for possible metabolic causes that may lead to this clinical situation:
- a glucose tolerance test for glucose intolerance
- blood electrolytes for possible electrolyte imbalance
- thyroid hormone levels for possible thyroid hormone imbalance.
I would also recommend performing an ambulatory 24-48 hours ECG monitoring in order to investigate possible cardiac arrhythmia, that may trigger this clinical situation.
A Doppler ultrasound of the carotid arteries is also necessary to examine the blood flow to the brain and investigate possible vessel narrowing that may cause TIA (transient ischemic attacks), mimicking these episodes.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.
Hope I have been helpful to you. Wishing you all the best.
Dr. Ilir Sharka
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the causes and treatment for memory loss
- What causes memory loss after beinge drinking
- Vision loss causes
- What causes memory loss when addicted to masturbation
- Causes of temporary vision loss
- What could be the reason for mild memory loss
- What causes memory loss in asperger people
- What is the cause for negative thinking with memory loss
- Memory loss tiredness and dizziness what could be wrong
- Temporary memory loss causes