Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What could be the cause for crawling sensation inside my brother's body?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 641 Questions
Hi doctor like my brother has sensation like something is crawling inside his body since 1 year.first it was on legs then he feels that sensation like ant is crawling or is inside her penis.while going for loo he feels incomfortable.can u help me regarding this which doctor to consult and what the procedure he will follow for diagnosis
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Consult Dermatologist Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Your Brother has crawling sensation inside his body for last one year. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist for clinical examination. If there is anything physical over the skin, then he may require some blood tests and scrapping may be required for diagnosing the condition. Hook worm infestation, scabies, bugs are mostly seen. If all comes out to be normal, then he can be suspected for Morgellons disease. In this sufferers have delusion that some insect or parasite is crawling inside their body but in reality no such things are present. There may be formication, biting, rashes or sores on the skin which are due to constant itching. A psychiatrist have to be consulted for this. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor