What causes itchy burning sensation in the skin while experiencing irregular menstrual bleeding?

Is itching burning skin common in perimenopause, its like having allodynia. I am 49 years old still having slightly irregular periods. When i get this feeling it makes me feel very very agitated like I want to rip of my skin, I kind of hold my breath too as its so unpleasant. I wonder if it is an unusual hot flash. XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it can be due to perimenopause.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

The itching and burning sensation of the skin that you have can be due to perimenopause but can also be related to low levels of vitamin B12. Taking methylcobalamin supplements after getting the levels checked can be helpful.

I'd suggest consulting a neurologist also in case the symptoms are severe.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow-up queries that you have.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL