What could be causing sudden dizziness in the elderly?
Possible causes listed below
The most common cause of vertigo is benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). This is true for symptoms of acute vertigo lasting less than 1 minute.
If vertigo lasts longer and other symptoms (fluctuations of hearing, tinnitus) Ménière's disease should be considered.
Vestibular neuritis also may cause long-lasting vertigo.
An evaluation by an ENT Doctor is necessary to understand better your condition and the need for treatment.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr. Erion Spaho, Neurologist, Surgical
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause a sudden dizzy feeling
- Sudden dizziness caused by brain pulsating
- Causes of sudden dizziness and vomiting
- Could metoprolol be the cause of sudden dizziness
- What could be the cause of sudden dizziness
- What causes a sudden dizzy spell
- Sudden dizziness and nausea causes
- Sudden dizziness causes
- What could be the reason of my sudden dizziness
- Sudden dizziness causes vertin
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?