What causes yellow drainage form ears of an infant?
Thank you for your query.
1. The yellow discharge may be ear wax or an ear infection. An ear examination with an otoscope will settle the issue, including whether the ear drum is intact.
2. Ear infections are common in babies. If your baby has a cold, is crying or scratching the ears, an infection is more likely.
3. Ciplox drops are safe for use in the ear, however it is recommended that you get your baby examined tomorrow. Supportive medication can then be prescribed by your physician. Remember to see both the Pediatrician and the ENT Specialist.
4. Keep the head raised while feeding.
I hope that I have answered your questions and if you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the remedy for a yellow ear drainage
- What causes drainage from the anus
- What causes poor lymphatic drainage
- What causes recurrance of pus drainage from ears
- What is bright yellow ear drainage
- What could cause pain and drainage in ear drum
- What causes sinus drainage in the mornings
- What causes itchy redness and drainage in my forehead
- What causes red tint to the ear drainage
- What causes drainage in throat